Apply for membership
We are currently accepting applications to our incubator program. Applications for membership are reviewed on a rolling basis with offers extended to “good fit” food startups as long as space is available. If you are interested in becoming a member of please complete the application and email to firstname.lastname@example.org We use The Food Corridor for scheduling time, space and equipment in the kitchen. Please see the requirements below.
Once have completed the Application and sent it to DJ AT email@example.com , Staff will contact you to schedule an interview.
We require three items to get started with our lease application process:
1) Set Up Your Business- You Must be set up as a recognized business entity .
2) ServeSafe Food Manager Certification- You must be currently certified with ServeSafe or applicable food safety training program.
3) Liability Insurance on Your Business- You must carry a liability insurance policy on your food business. You will be required to add us to your policy as an additional insured.
Large Shared commercial Kitchen with easy access to the metro. Located at Hwy 36 and Hwy 61. Shared time and space with other entrepreneurs and food start ups.
5000 Sq Ft Commercial Kitchen for wholesale producers. Multi prep and packaging areas with lots of SS tables. Double stacked convection ovens, Stockpot gas stove, Tilt skillet, walk in coolers and freezers, 24/7 coded access. Common areas include break room, ADA restrooms, Conference table area, Onsite parking, Semi height dock. Clean and bright working area.
Kitchen is already MDA approved but each business needs to be able to secure a MDA wholesale food production license with their methods. Our kitchen is inspected by the MN Dept of Ag (MDA). Production, manufacturing and wholesale of food. Just Catering would not be allowed under MDA license. Catering is a city inspection. We cannot have two competing government agencies inspecting our kitchen using different rules. Sorry, catering does not work for this kitchen.
Perfect place to set up a test kitchen without investing in a lot of equipment. Short term leases available. We hope you start with us and grow to take more available space. Warehouse is food grade storage condition.
Office space also available for rent. Private or collaborative style.
5000 sq. ft shared commercial kitchen. Designated space is available.
Blocks of time and days of the week are available.
Rent determined by amount of time, space and amenities.
Waters Edge Commercial Kitchen Amenities:
- Wholesale Production & Mfg ONLY
- 24/7 Building & Kitchen access
- Secured building with cameras
- Electric, Gas & Garbage separate
- Multiple prep areas with NSF SS tables
- Multiple Pkg/work areas w/ NSF SS tables
- MDA certified kitchen.
- Tenants needs separate MDA certification
- Food Grade Dry Storage Space
- Designated Walk-In Cooler Space
- Designated Walk-In Freezer Space
- Upright 2–door Freezer
- Double Door Convection Ovens
- Tilt Skillet 3-phase
- 2 Burner Gas Pot Stove
- Two separate 3 compartment sinks
Waters Edge Common Areas include:
- Newly remodeled ADA rest rooms
- Break room w/ microwave & refrigerator
- Loading dock – Semi height
- Security alarm, fire alarms, video cameras
- 24-Hour Access/7 Days A Week
- WI-FI included
- Onsite parking
- Short walk to MTC Park and Ride
Interested Parties need to provide the following information:
- Food you will be producing
- Confirm food production items for wholesale.
- Estimated time needed (i.e. number of days a week and hours on those days)
- Hours and days of the week (i.e. Monday 6 am to 4 pm)
- Equipment needs.
- Storage needs (i.e. storage of two pallets, packing supplies, rolling carts of equipment)
- Number of your crew in the kitchen at a time
Perfect place to set up a test kitchen without investing in a lot of equipment.
Short term leases available.
We hope you start with us and grow to take more available space. Office space also available for rent.
For more information and to schedule a tour of the kitchen, please complete the application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can begin a dialogue of what works best for you.