Apply for membership
Waters Edge Gluten Free Commercial Kitchen …………Grow your business with us!
The perfect place to start or expand your food production business without investing in a lot of equipment. Share time and space with other entrepreneurs and food startups.
Located at Hwy 36 and Hwy 61, you have easy access to anywhere in the metro area.
In late 2020, the kitchen was converted to a Gluten Free Facility.
6,000 Sq Ft Commercial Kitchen for wholesale producers. Multiple prep and packaging areas with lots of SS tables. Dual rack walk-in ovens, Stockpot gas stoves, Tilt skillet, Gas 10-burner stove, walk in coolers and freezers, Clean and bright working area. Possible availability of food grade warehouse storage in caged areas.
- Baking area has two large dual-rack ovens. Plenty of SS tables for prep and production. Shared sheet pan racks. Mixers available in 5-qt, 20-qt and 60-qt sizes. Filtered water. Induction burners. Baking sheet sized 3-compartment sink for easy clean up.
- Stove area has a Gas 10-burner stove, several 2 burner gas pot stoves and a gas tilt skillet. Sanitizer for glass gars. Prep sinks and SS tables for production. Easy access to traditional sized 3-compartment sink.
- Packaging area has multiple SS tables and plenty of space to set up your production.
- Prep area has a long run of SS tables with prep sinks on either end, allowing you space to create a good flow.
- Smaller packaging room has a small 3-complartment sink and a nice SS table area.
Building has 24/7 coded access. Common areas include break room, ADA restrooms, Conference table area, Onsite parking, Semi height dock.
The Food Corridor. An online software program allows each maker to reserve designated work areas & shared equipment. Same software keeps track of actual kitchen usage.
Rent determined by amount of time, space and amenities needed for your business. We offer flexible rental programs to grow with your business.
Apply for membership
We are currently accepting applications to our incubator program. Applications for membership are reviewed on a rolling basis with offers extended to “good fit” food startups if space is available. Please see the requirements below.
If you are interested in becoming a member please call or email DJ at firstname.lastname@example.org ,
We require three items to get started with our license/rental application process:
1) Set Up Your Business- You must be set up as a recognized business entity.
2) ServSafe Food Manager Certification- You must be currently certified with ServSafe or applicable food safety training program.
3) Liability Insurance on Your Business- You must carry a liability insurance policy on your food business. You will be required to add us to your policy as an additional insured.
Kitchen is already MDA (MN Dept of Ag) approved but each business needs to be able to secure an MDA wholesale food production license with their specific methods.
Catering would not be allowed under MDA license. Catering is a city of Maplewood inspection. This is not an animal rendering facility.
As a general rule, below is what agency licenses which activity:
MDA: Packaged food/snacks/beverages, Cotton candy, popcorn, caramel apples, fresh produce, candy, donuts, packaged ice cream treats.
MDH: Beverage concessions, ice cream dipping (cones, bowls), food service concessions (sandwiches, tacos, meals, etc.) Food trucks, catering. MDH (Mn Dept of Health) licensed business would not be allowed in our kitchen.
Interested Parties need to provide the following information:
- Food you will be producing. Please note this is a Gluten Free Kitchen
- Confirm food production items for wholesale.
- Estimated time needed (i.e., number of days/week and hours on those days)
- Hours and days of the week (i.e., Monday 6 am to 4 pm)
- Equipment needs.
- Storage needs (i.e., storage of two pallets, packing supplies, rolling carts of equipment)
- Number of your crew in the kitchen at a time
Amenities at Waters Edge Gluten Free Commercial Kitchen:
- Wholesale Production & Manufacturing ONLY
- 24/7 Building & Kitchen access
- Secured building with cameras
- Electric, Gas & Garbage included
- Multiple prep areas with NSF SS tables
- Multiple Pkg/work areas w/ NSF SS tables
- MDA certified kitchen.
- Tenants need individual MDA certification
- Food Grade Dry Storage Space
- Designated Walk-In Cooler Space
- Designated Walk-In Freezer Space
- Two Dual rack rotating baking ovens
- Tilt Skillet 3-phase
- Stock pot gas stoves
- 10 Burner gas stove
- Three separate 3 compartment sinks
- Various sized mixers.
Waters Edge Common Areas include:
- Newly remodeled ADA rest rooms
- Break room w/ microwave & refrigerator
- Loading dock – Semi height
- Security alarm, fire alarms, video cameras
- 24-Hour Access/7 Days A Week
- WI-FI included
- Onsite parking
- Short walk to MTC Park and Ride
Perfect place to set up a test kitchen without investing in a lot of equipment.
Short term 6 month rental agreements are available as well as annual.
Rents are paid via direct bank ACH deposits
We hope you start with us and grow to take more available space.
For more information and to schedule a tour of the kitchen, please contact email@example.com.
Once have completed the Application and sent it to DJ at firstname.lastname@example.org , Staff will contact you to schedule an interview.